Re: [Exim] RFC Query

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: Mills Mr C P, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] RFC Query
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> >*@*.rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk    "$local_part@???"    w

> >Or do I need to use:
> >
> >*@*.rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk    "<$local_part@???>"    w

> exim's specs say that [with the 'w'] you must put the brackets, as
> the right hand part must consist of a compliant address.

Exim's specs say "including the angle brackets if necessary". If there
is no other text in the address, you don't need the <> and in fact, a
strict reading of RFC 822 (sic) says you musn't have them. I think 2822
has relaxed this, if I recall correctly. Anyway, as far as what you are
allowed goes, either of the above rewrite rules should work.