Re: [Exim] SMTP authentication question

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jesse Gilbert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP authentication question
Jesse Gilbert wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a syntax to perform this? I know that it is a nested
> query, just not familiar enough with Exim's syntax to figure it out
> myself... and I'm not sure that I have access to the sending email address
> before the message is accepted for relay. If not, can I embed the domain in
> the Username and strip it off in the server_condition statement?

login:
   driver = plaintext
   public_name = LOGIN
   server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
   server_condition = ${if and {\
                   {exists:/etc/virtual/${domain:$1}/passwd}\
                   {crypteq {$2}{\
                     ${lookup {${local_part:$1}} lsearch \
                       {/etc/virtual/${domain:$1}/passwd}{$value}fail}\
                   }}\
                   }{1}{0}}
   server_set_id = $1

This SHOULD work for the LOGIN-Authenticator, check the docs, to find
how it needs to be modified for PLAIN.

Your passwd-files should look like
username:crypted-password

If you use MD5-passwords, modify the second string to crypteq to start
with \{md5\}

Nico