Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
man, 2003-03-17 kl. 16:12 skrev Giuliano Gavazzi:

> Giuliano (making new friends..)

And losing old ones? ;)

I'm sorry, I agree with Drav and Dean (or the other way around.)

Exim's (that's SA-Exim 4.14/2.2) is already so bloody marvelous,
flexible, rfc-compliant and complete, that this whole thread is evolving
into something like inventing fairies at the bottom of the garden
because they ought to be there.

IMVHO 5xx is a permanent refusal and no work-arounds should be attempted
where none were originally intended. 5xx means "no-no" and should be
kept as such.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

P.S. I'd just solved an SA-Exim/Exim-filter/postmaster/abuse problem
and was wondering whether to thank Philip or Marc first for an
absolutely brilliant product.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl