Re: [Exim] Mail hub

Author: John (TJ) Penton
To: Mozzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail hub
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Mozzi wrote:

> Hallo again all.
>
> Now if I want to setup a mail hub I need to relay for those domains and
> specify where I am relaying to to prevent spam.
>
> I have spesified a file in my config
> domainlist relay_to_domains = lsearch;/etc/eximfiles/relaydomains
>
> Now I should be able to just specify the domain and an ip address there to let
> it relay to that host
> domain.com:192.168.1.1
> mydomain.com:192.168.1.2
>
> Is this correct?

No. "relay_to_domains" is a named list of domains (an array if you will).
You can use this list of domains in configuration options elsewhere in the
config file, but the syntax you give above does not configure any actual
routing in itself.

To set up the routing you are after, you probably need a manualroute
router, with "domains" and "route_list" set to +relay_to_domains, as you
are defining above. Whether it works exactly like that depends on how the
"route_list" option is expanded.

Also note that the named list "relay_to_domains" is used in the default
configuration for different slightly purposes to what you are using it for
- make sure you don't leave something in the config that you don't
actually want.

There is a very good manual at www.exim.org, it should tell you all you
need: in particular the introductory sections decribing exim's methodology
should help you a lot.

HTH
John

--
"I shall call it Poohtel," said Christopher Robin,
"Henry Poohtel for short."