Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
[ On Monday, March 17, 2003 at 15:12:07 (+0000), Giuliano Gavazzi wrote: ]
> Subject: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
>
> This makes me smile, short of attaching the whole of the RFC, I do
> not see how much more in context I should have put it.

Quoting more of the RFC won't prove that you understand it and that
you're not taking its ideas and claims out of context, as you so very
clearly are in this thread.

If you wish to hack and mis-configure your mailer to be less
interoperable with other mailers then that's your business, but don't
expect a whole lot of co-operation from others in supporting it, and
don't be too surprised when some of your users complain about its
strange behaviour.

However if you wish to propose that others do so as well then I invite
you to first submit a draft document to the IETF for consideration.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>