Re: [Exim] RBL Problem

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Ben-Nes Michael
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL Problem
Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

> I get allot of SPAM

You're not alone ;)

> So I entered in exim the following line:
> rbl_domains =
> blackholes.mail-abuse.org:dialups.mail-abuse.org:bl.spamcop.net

The mail-abuse.org blacklist are for subscribers only.

> I still got allot of SPAM so I changed it to:
> rbl_domains = bl.spamcop.net/warn

You really shouldn't use the spamcop blacklist, please check this link:
http://www.fastmail.fm/users/jhoward/spamcop.html

These are the blacklists I use with great success:
list.dsbl.org:relays.ordb.org:sbl.spamhaus.org

Further, the spamlist provided by wirehub.nl is VERY helpful to catch
spam that's currently in progress.
http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist.txt

For real spam-protection, you should use a tool like
SpamAssassin/bogofilter/razor. These tools analyze the message itself,
not only the server where the mail came from.

Nico