Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT w/o reason

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Gietl
A: Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT w/o reason
On Wednesday 26 February 2003 00:28, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> No, that was not my comment (I just stated my ignorance in that
> regard). What I said is that the error
>
> > > 4611 processing "accept"
> >>
> >> 4611 check hosts = +relay_from_hosts
> >> 4611 gethostbyname returned 3 (NO_RECOVERY)
> >>
> > > 4611 host not found
>
> indicated that a name was not resolved (I was not so detailed, but
> this was all implied), so i suspected that the list was not composed
> by IP addresses only.
> This is my reply then:
>
> At 9:56 +0000 2003/02/17, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> >Even if that is possible (that I do not know), have you got in
> >/etc/relayhosts *only* IP addresses or also names? 'cause the error
> >you reported looks like it failed to resolve an IP address from a
> >name.
>
> Please, if others are prepared to spend their time to help, you
> should perhaps spend some time to understand and reply to their
> suggestions.

i exscuse for my behavior.

As far as i know there are *JUST* ip-adresses in the list. As least, there
should be.

But if this IS the problem it would be reproducable by just entering a host -
and not an ip-adress - into the file. But this does not reproduce the error.

But what really disturbs me is the fact, that no reason is logged into the
logs. Shouldn't exim log a reason? Phil said that it might be an effect of a
missing log_error in the acl-definition. But i added one to every deny.

This is what i really wanted to report with my mail from today. Sorry for the
annoyance.