Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailb…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Aly Dharshi
To: Sven Geggus
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailboxes?

> I would suggest installing courier-imap (which work very well in conjunction
> with exim). And one of those PHP/IMAP Webmail Programs like IMP
> (->www.horde.org) or squirrelmail (->www.squirrelmail.org).
>
> As this solution is using Maildir-Format for Email storage it is still
> possible to access the mail locally using mutt.

    Yes and Yes, mutt can read the Maildir format directly and that is a
plus, so if remote users can login via ssh or some other form they can
use mutt (elm like) to read messages. SQWebmail from the same crowd that
brings you Courier-Imap can directly access the maildir without going
thru' Imap so if Imap were to fail even then Webmail would be up and
running for mail to be reached.

    Cheers,

    Aly.

--