Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailb…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sven Geggus
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailboxes?
Kevin Reed <news@???> wrote:

> I'm looking for something that would permit either. We are using
> Exim on all of the machines in question.
>
> I've seen a bunch of web mail packages, but all of them are based upon
> IMAP/POP type mailboxes.

Exim is for SMTP Only, so this is just a small part of the setup you would
like to have.

I would suggest installing courier-imap (which work very well in conjunction
with exim). And one of those PHP/IMAP Webmail Programs like IMP
(->www.horde.org) or squirrelmail (->www.squirrelmail.org).

As this solution is using Maildir-Format for Email storage it is still
possible to access the mail locally using mutt.

Sven

--
"We just typed make"
(Stephen Lambrigh, Director of Server Product Marketing at Informix