Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailb…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Egginger
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Web based Email and Normal email using same mailboxes?
> We have a desire to allow people to access their mailboxes remotely
> using a Web based Interface, but to also allow them when they are in
> the office to access their mailboxes using the normal interface
> (Mutt in this case).

This means that your users have to work direct on there mailboxes,
via elm, pine or mutt, yes?

O.k. - then you can use the OpenWebmail project.
See
    http://openwebmail.org/
for details.
OpenWebmail works direct on the user mailboxes too.
There ist no need for POP or IMAP.

But maybe you would be well advised, if you using IMAP
instead off accessing the mailboxes direct.
I think so.
Elm, mutt and pine master IMAP.
And with Evolution you have a very nice GUI imap client too.

Also you will need a imap server.
The uw imap server is very easy to set up.
See
    http://www.washington.edu/imap/
for details.

- oliver