Re: [Exim] Help with expansion variables

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Help with expansion variables
At 13:33 +0100 2003/01/20, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
>man, 2003-01-20 kl. 08:54 skrev Giuliano Gavazzi:
>I'm not you know :-) I connect by dialin, so my machine isn't always "on
>the air". But if you let me know, I'll bring it up and you can try to
>relay through it. You'll get a non-standard and unnecessarily rude
>message back.
>
>> If you instead just meant that you are accepting on the basis of
>
>  >    accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

>> where relay_from_hosts includes 127.0.0.1, then "my" rule will still
>> work. It just needs to be put right before mail is *accepted* for
>> local users.
>
>I have that acl, yes, but also accept with an acl diametrically opposite
>to yours (accept instead of deny, with an endpass). Yours negates it,
>actually quite funny to see working.

I trust you, but I would still like to have a go (I actually already
tried but, as you say, your machine is not always online).

From what you say you must have something like, I *guess*:

accept    sender_domains  = +local_domains
    endpass
    hosts  = +relay_from_hosts
    message    = we do not relay

that, if it is the only "outgoing" accept rule, would effectively
enforce that the MAIL FROM: is in the local domain.

this is also what I said:

At 14:05 +0000 2003/01/19, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>Also, this will stop any emails a local user sent to a remote account
>that in turn get redirected to another local user.

but I do not know what the "roving users" Philip mentioned are.

So, could you dial out at 14:00 GMT (unless your rule is similar to
the one I wrote above)? Is the IP the same as the outgoing one, by
the way?

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/