Re: [Exim] Timeouts when verifying sender

Author: Mark Bergsma
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Timeouts when verifying sender
Rejo Zenger wrote:

> However, this does not answer my question. Why does Exim, if I have
> "require verify = sender/callout=10s/defer_ok" test all of the MX
> servers and not just stop at the first one that is accepting a
> connection? I did not expect this behaviour.
>
> And, is this behaviour a result of the addition of "callout=10s"?

The first two hosts accept a connection, but do not answer within 10s,
so Exim can't test whether it will accept the sender address. Therefore,
Exim will try the next host(s).

According to the documentation, Exim will also try the next hosts when
it receives a 4xx reply, but I think it would have logged that.

--
Mark

mark@???