Re: [Exim] Timeouts when verifying sender

Author: Mark Bergsma
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Timeouts when verifying sender
Rejo Zenger wrote:

> What happens, I think, is that Exim tries to connect to all of the MX's
> for the domain in the envelop sender. Right? This takes a long long
> time, as connecting to five out of seven hosts will result in a timeout.
> So, why exactly is Exim trying to connect to all of the MX's for that
> domain? And, can I influence this behaviour?

You have specified sender verification by doing callouts in the ACL's.
Change that to a less dedicated verify option. See the relevant
documentation sections (chapter 37 in the spec) for details.

> Additionaly, I found that Exim is asking the DNS servers for A6 records
> (see 228 and 246 in the log) which are deprecated. Is there a way to
> skip these checks while maintaining IPv6 support - except for digging
> into the source?

unset SUPPORT_A6 in your Local/Makefile before building.

Read The Fine Manual! It's all in there.

--
Mark

mark@???