Re: [Exim] "CacheFlow Server" and exim4

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim users list
New-Topics: [Exim] Error 451 problem with squirrel mail and cyrus IMAP
Subject: Re: [Exim] "CacheFlow Server" and exim4
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

> However, there was a minor point of my original query (this would be
> for Philip, excuse me for pressing!) that went unanswered. In some
> log entries, I see the expected format - like it says in the
> documentation:
>
> ... U=CacheFlow Server ...
>
> whereas in other log messages (most, in practice) I see the ident
> presented in this format instead:
>
> ... (CacheFlow Server) ...

Er, sorry, I haven't been paying attention to this thread at all. If the
message is coming from another host, what appears in the U field is just
what the other host sends in response to the ident query. Exim doesn't
modify it, except that non-printing characters are turned into escapes.