Re: [Exim] aborting a transaction from acl

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aborting a transaction from acl
At 17:11 -0700 2002/12/06, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>
>>I would like to abort an SMTP transaction for all recipients from a acl_smtp_rcpt. This should also apply to recipients that have in principle been already accepted. I have a number of local addresses that are not in use and will never be, but that are good spam receptors..
>>
>>Is this possible? From the specs it looks like not.
>>
>It is be possible to add a warning header during acl_smtp_rcpt, then cause a denial during acl_smtp_data based on the existence of that header. You will still receive the remaining RCPT TO: commands and the message data, but reject the message for all recipients.

So is it possible to add a header at the rcpt phase? I thought it was only a router option.
Anyway, the problem is, as the specs mention, with many servers an error to the end of the DATA phase is not correctly interpreted.
BTW, do the RFC specify that no error can be returned just after the DATA command (before any message body is sent by the client)?

Perhaps a solution would be to just abort the connection externally...

       condition = ${run{/usr/local/exim/scripts/block.sh $sender_host_address $sender_host_port $interface_address}{1}{0}}

where block.sh would:

hash $sender_host_address $sender_host_port -> X between 10000 and 20000.
ipfw add X reset tcp from $sender_host_address $sender_host_port to $interface_address
ipfw add X reset tcp from $interface_address to $sender_host_address $sender_host_port
sleep .. delete the rules

(this is more like a joke).

Thanks

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
|| |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/