[Exim] migration from qmail to exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vincent Danen
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] migration from qmail to exim
--
Hi folks. I'm once again going to give the qmail->Exim migration a
try... I was on the list last year asking questions, and I'm back again
as I didn't have time at that point to attempt the transition, but this
time I'm shooting to make it work.

I'm using Exim 4.10 (just built some Mandrake packages for it) and have
a few goals: to use vmailmgr with Exim, to use ezmlm-idx with Exim,
and to use TMDA with Exim. The last is the easiest. I found an
example of an address_pipe for Exim3 to use with ezmlm, so I'll be
trying that, but my first step is trying to make Exim more
"qmail-like". I find the flexibility of qmail unparallel in terms of
user-configuration (.qmail files), and want to do the same thing with
Exim. I think it will be essential to have this working properly if I
want to make ezmlm-idx work properly.

I've got the following defined as my userforward router, lodged between
system_aliases and localuser:

userforward:
driver = redirect
check_local_user
file = $home/.forward$local_part_suffix
local_part_suffix = -*
local_part_suffix_optional
no_verify
no_expn
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

I think this is ok. I just added what I thought was relevant from the
Exim-4 specs on the website.

Now, if I do something like this:

[root@vmdk90 root]# exim -bt vdanen-list@???
vdanen-list@??? -> /home/vdanen/listbox
transport = address_file

This looks correct. My user's ~/.forward-list file is mode 600 and
contains "/home/vdanen/listbox", for Exim to write it to an mbox.

The problem is in my main.log, when I send a message from my ibook to
the server I get this:

2002-11-26 14:49:03 H=gandalf.linsec.vx [10.0.5.5]
F=<vdanen@???> rejected RCPT
<vdanen-list@???>: Unrouteable address

Again looking at the specs on the website, I see in section 21.6 that
for a file_transport or directory_transport, either the router or
transport must specify a user and group under which to run the
delivery. How can I do this? I assume that Exim has permissions to
read ~/.forward-list, because it knows the contents. So it must be
setting the effective UID to that user (or root) to read a mode 600
file. How can I tell Exim in this situation, to change the EUID and
EGID to that user? Obviously the mailbox needs to be written as
"vdanen", so how can I tell Exim to do this (and probably only in the
userforward router I guess).

Sorry if this seems like something relatively simplistic, but Exim is
quite new to me still. I've used it in the past to serve up some
mailman mailing lists and used a .forward file to handle mhonarc
archives, but I've not attempted to do anything like this, so I'm
unsure of how to proceed.

Thanks!

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/