[Exim] Re: migration from qmail to exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: migration from qmail to exim
Vincent Danen <vdanen@???> writes:

> I'm using Exim 4.10 (just built some Mandrake packages for it) and have
> a few goals: to use vmailmgr with Exim, to use ezmlm-idx with Exim,
> and to use TMDA with Exim. The last is the easiest. I found an
> example of an address_pipe for Exim3 to use with ezmlm, so I'll be
> trying that, but my first step is trying to make Exim more
> "qmail-like". I find the flexibility of qmail unparallel in terms of
> user-configuration (.qmail files), and want to do the same thing with
> Exim. I think it will be essential to have this working properly if I
> want to make ezmlm-idx work properly.
>
> I've got the following defined as my userforward router, lodged between
> system_aliases and localuser:
>
> userforward:
>    driver = redirect
>    check_local_user
>    file = $home/.forward$local_part_suffix
>    local_part_suffix = -*
>    local_part_suffix_optional
>    no_verify
>    no_expn
>    file_transport = address_file
>    pipe_transport = address_pipe
>    reply_transport = address_reply

Hi

Comment on TMDA - just been working on finalising setup of that as there is
not really any docs on using TMDA with Exim, or even more with Exim 4 and
TMDA tends to be a bit qmail focused as that is what developer (Jason M.)
uses.

Anyway - different to how Jason sets up TMDA I did not use .forward files
but put a purpose build router and transport in Exim configure file. I put
the info up on tmda.user list, you can copy config from message there. I
put router between alias and forward and before local delivery. This way it
is easier to use as server wide setup.

Working OK so far :-)

Re: your question on specifying user in router or transport you can use the
"user" definition...

user = $local_part

or

user = specific_user_account_name