[Exim] Bcc recipient found in X-Envelope-To header, whose bu…

Autor: Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Bcc recipient found in X-Envelope-To header, whose bug? MUA, MTA or RAV?
Hello all,
Thanks for any helps in advance.
I wonder who actually add in this mail header? The MUA, MTA or
antivirus software? Or my exim settings?

Recently, after I installed RAV antivirus software into my Exim 3.35,
I found that Bcc recipients' email addresses appeared in the
X-Envelope-To header in the email received by To: recipients.
When I tested it with an Exim without any antivirus software installed,
(new setup with default settings) this is not happended, and the email
doesn't contain this mail header. RAV is using message_filter to do the
virus scanning.
    The followings are the email headers that I extracted from my
testing emails, the same email is sent from my Netscape Messenger 4.76
to two different outgoing servers, one with RAV and the other one without
RAV. The email addresses are: