Re: [Exim] crazy idea?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] crazy idea?
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 10:02, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
> All configuration is read from configure file and stored either in global
> variables or some lists. The fork() takes care of them.

Remember that (depending on your configuration, but in general),
delivery and/or receive processes run as non-root and sometimes need to
re-exec exim to regain privaledges. This causes the config file to be
read again on the start-up of the new process.

I don't know what proportion of processes are started from a new exec,
but I did notice there were a lot of process starts in my current log
file (I have command line logging on at present).

    Nigel.