Re: [Exim] Convert4r4 script

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Convert4r4 script
On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Dan Egli wrote:

> Anyone know what the current status of this script is? I downloaded exim v4
> some time ago, compiled it, but when I ran the convert script it hosed my
> exim v4 config file. I mentioned this to Philip, and he said he'd look into
> it and that was the last I heard of it. I'd like to use exim v4 if I can but
> I have so many options customized in my v3 config file that I'd need to
> spend a few days researching how to implement the same in exim v4. That's
> where the script comes into play.

Below are the ChangeLog items that involve convert4r4. I don't seem to
have any outstanding items on my work list, and I think I dealt with
your "really weird output" problem some time ago, but I can't remember
exactly which item it was, though it looks as if it might have been
4.10/32. Note that 4.11 has not yet been released, but there is an
available snapshot that contains these fixes.

4.11

36. convert4r4 can now handle "optional" for single-key lookups in aliasfile
    directors.

37. Change 4.03/25 (making convert4r4 double colons in require_files lists) was
    incomplete. It worked for routers, but not for directors.

4.10

 6. Remove quoting from rbl_domains when used in an ACL by the convert4r4
    script.

20. Convert4r4 changed: if forbid_pipe is set on a forwardfile director, also
    set forbid_filter_run on the generated redirect router.

32. The convert4r4 script failed when macros that had continuation lines were
    present in the Exim 3 configuration file. It inserted junk lines into the
    output and gave uninitialized variable errors.

33. The convert4r4 script discards (with a comment) a setting of "rewrite" on
    a smartuser director that has no setting of new_address when it turns it
    into an "accept" router.

4.05

33. If "query" or "queries" in aliasfile director, or "route_query" or
    "route_queries" in a domainlist router were enclosed in quotes, the
    convert4r4 script was not removing the quotes before inserting the query
    into an expansion string, leading to invalid queries within the string.

42. Update convert4r4 to recognize "ldap:" in require_files, and double the
    colon.

4.03

25. Updated convert4r4 to check for colons that look as if they are part of
    expansion items in require_files lists (e.g. ${lc:xxxx}). In Exim 3, the
    whole list was expanded before splitting up, but in Exim 4, the splitting
    happens first, so such colons must be doubled. The conversion script now
    doubles such colons, and outputs a warning message. The test for one of
    these colons is a match against "\$\{\w+:".

4.01

 5. Made convert4r4 change "bydns_a" into "bydns" in route_list options, and
    to do the same for "bydns_mx", but in this case to comment that it won't
    work the same (and to suggest a workaround).

15. The convert4r4 script wasn't getting it quite right with an aliasfile
    director that had a "transport" setting. It was missing the "yes/no" in the
    "condition" setting.