Re: [Exim] Convert4r4 script

Author: Jeff Green
To: Dan Egli, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Convert4r4 script
At 09:36 AM 11/1/02 , Dan Egli wrote:
>Anyone know what the current status of this script is? I downloaded exim v4
>some time ago, compiled it, but when I ran the convert script it hosed my
>exim v4 config file. I mentioned this to Philip, and he said he'd look into
>it and that was the last I heard of it. I'd like to use exim v4 if I can but
>I have so many options customized in my v3 config file that I'd need to
>spend a few days researching how to implement the same in exim v4. That's
>where the script comes into play.

I recently upgraded to 4.10 from 3.35 using the script as the basis, and
also found a few errors. A few minutes checking against the Exim 4 default
configuration file and a peek or two at the 4.10 spec cleared them up.
There were only a few errors, notably domainlist local_domains had a couple
of unwanted entries, and syntax on the check_recipient (acl_smtp_rcpt) acl
was a bit off. Other than that, it was pretty clean.

So nice to be in version 4. Kudos to Phil and all who contribute. Hope
Debian catches up soon, I don't like being outside the distribution tree.

jbg

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986