Re: [Exim] Snapshot for GnuTLS testing

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Snapshot for GnuTLS testing
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
> > I hope the readfile and home_directory patch will be included in the
> > next version.
>
> A snapshot is not a version! :-)

I know, read it as "I hope they will be included in the next official
release". I just wanted to remember you. ;)
The home_directory patch is a "nice to have", but the readfile-patch fixes
a real problem ;)

> I have a rather long list of work that has piled up while I've been
> concentrating on other things. I am working my way through it - there
> are a number of patches for different things that people want. With
> luck, I hope to have most of them in the next real version, but I don't
> expect it to be ready for a couple of months.

I know, until exim has a big bug, i see no demand for a new version, this
helps to let the things settle down a little bit, and find more bugs
before the next release. I just hope you provide us with new snapshots
from time to time ;)

> > Seems correct to me (I needed to import your key from the appendend
> > message, you should publish it on a keyserver).
>
> It's on blackhole.pca.dfn.de; any suggestions for other servers? I
> thought the keyservers synchronized with each other.

Hmmm, yes they synchronize, but maybe it takes a while.

> > > (Ross is using PGP, so was not able to sign my key directly.)
> >
> > This shouldn't be a problem, AFAIK heise (a german company) is signed
> > gnupg-keys with there pgp-keys too.
>
> I don't understand the details, but he said he couldn't.

Maybe someone here knows details about this (Florian Weimer?), but heise
uses a pgp 2.6.1 key for signing.

ciao