Re: [Exim] Newbie has error trying to send mail to /dev/null

Author: David Ruggiero
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie has error trying to send mail to /dev/null
At 05:00 PM 10/25/02 +0100, you wrote:
> > 2002-10-17 07:03:59 /dev/null <webmaster@[somedomain].com>
> > D=virtual_aliases defer (-31): file_transport unset in virtual_aliases
> driver
> > I realize my problem's in the transports section exim.conf,
>No, it's in the routers section (Exim 4) or directors section (Exim 3).

Phillip: Ah! As you'd say on your side of the pond, "the penny drops". I
see how it works now.

I should have said I was using v3.34 (as version 3.3x basically came
"stock" with RedHat 7.1). When I have more time to devote I'll upgrade to
4.x (I assume there are conversion tools to handle a reasonably
straightforward exim_conf....)

Thanks so much for the reply from "the man himself".

cheers,
David