Re: [Exim] local_scan() wishlist

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan() wishlist
On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:47:34PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> * Ability to write a single line to the reject log, without logging
> all the message headers too.
>
> Related: ability to write the reject log without also appending a line
> to the main log. I think. I'm not sure I need that feature, but more
> flexible logging just seems like a good idea in general.

From SA-Exim, I also had:
- read/use return_text on 2xx
- optional LOCAL_SCAN_REJECT without triggering a full dump of the
rejected headers so that I can return a different message than what I log
- I need to return '\n' in return_text, but it gets logged, and log_write
isn't supposed to get newlines... See above

(Philip should already have these)

and I'd like to add this to the list:
- output an SMTP answer to DATA (I use this for teergrubing)
- tell exim that the message was accepted or rejected but that the
rejection SMTP header has alread been sent (but the connection hasn't
been closed yet, we're waiting for rset or quit)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key