Re: [Exim] Mandrake msec and exim

Author: Anjan Sen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mandrake msec and exim
At 23:12 24/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Has anyone got any experience of running exim 4 under Mandrake? I have
>hacked together a set of RPMS by msec (I presume) keeps reseting the
>permissions so that the binaries are no longer SUID root (in fact they
>become GUID mail).
>
>Can someone give me a clue as to what I have to change to prevent this
>from occuring (about once an hour). Changing msec to 1 (instead of the
>default of 2) has no effect.

You have a choice. You can either edit /usr/share/msec/perm.x where x is
the security level you want, and add in the relevant details for exim -
directory, owner/group and permissions, or do what I did and stop msec
running altogether by removing the msec file in /etc/cron.hourly.
--
"Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used