[Exim] Re: local_scan() wishlist

Author: Greg Ward
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: local_scan() wishlist
On 24 October 2002, Philip Hazel said:
> Thanks for that useful list. I'll take it all on board when I get to
> working on upgrading the local_scan() interface, which I certainly
> intend to do. The current API was just a "first guess".

Great, glad to hear it. I must say, your first guess was pretty good.

Oh yeah, one more item for the wishlist:

* Access to the message ID. Right now I'm seeking to the start
of the -D file, reading the first 16 bytes, and then returning
to the start of the message. *blechh* I didn't miss something
in the docs, did I?

(Oh, the rationale? For spam corpus collection, I added code to the
local_scan() on python.org to save every single incoming message,
regardless of whether it's spam or a virus or real mail or whatever.
Each message is saved to a Maildir, using the Exim message ID as the
unique component, because I like short, uniform, sortable filenames.)

        Greg