Re: [Exim] How can I inform the sender about recipients whic…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Oliver Egginger
CC: Exim List
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] How can I inform the sender about recipients which havefailed during the "acl_check_rcpt" check?
Subject: Re: [Exim] How can I inform the sender about recipients which have failed during the "acl_check_rcpt" check?
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> accept  domains    = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message    = unknown user
>           verify        = recipient

> The problem is, that the sender has no chance to find out which receiver
> Exim rejects. He only see the "unknown user" line in the error message.

If the server that is trying to send the message isn't clever enough to
tell the sender which recipient addresses have been rejected, then it is
a pretty lousy server.

> But when I try something like this:
>     message    = $address_data

You have used the wrong variable. You need something like

message = $local_part@$domain is an unknown address