Re: [Exim] Problem sending mail to one host ..

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem sending mail to one host ..
* Nico Erfurth <masta@???> [20021019 15:23]: wrote:
> Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> >I have a problem sending mail to one host on the Internet from one of
> >my servers.
> >
> >I have done a test delivery, whose data can be found here:
> >
> >http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/Eximstats/test.txt
> >

> >Any clues as to why this is happening???? I'm concerned because it's not
> >happening from all the boxes I run Exim on.
>
> Mhhhhh
> Looks like this MTA does not accept a second EHLO after STARTTLS, this
> is (IMHO) a bug and breaks RFC, after STARTTLS the connection should be
> in a clear state again.
>
> try to set
> hosts_avoid_tls=57.250.220.29
>
> and see what happens, this should disable TLS for this server.

I built exim with TLS support using

SUPPORT_TLS=yes
TLS_LIBS=-lssl -lcrypto

..but I did not configure TLS options, certs etc.

Looks like I am the one to blame, no?

With TLS support in the exim binary, exim says that "hosts_avoid_tls" main
option is unknown....

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

If you don't have a nasty obituary you probably didn't matter.
        -- Freeman Dyson