Re: [Exim] Verify recipient against LDAP

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Peter Farmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Verify recipient against LDAP
man, 2002-10-21 kl. 19:07 skrev Peter Farmer:

> I'm working a config for an Exim 4.10 server, the basic idea is that after
> the rcpt to: the Exim server checks to see if the email address is valid by
> querying an LDAP database. The email won't be delivered locally on the Exim
> server but forwarded onto another server, all I'm doing is checking the
> recipient is valid. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but can't work out
> how. Does anyone have any idea's?

I do it like this, it's been in use for several months and for me it
works perfectly under Openldap/SSL, tested from 2.1.3 up to 2.1.6:

objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: evolutionPerson <--- Ximian's Evolution
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient

Under ROUTERS:

mail_redirect:
  driver = redirect
  allow_fail
  allow_defer
  data  = ${lookup ldapm {ldaps://localhost/\
    dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl?mailRoutingAddress?sub?\
    (&(objectClass=inetlocalMailRecipient)(uid=$local_part))\
    }\
    {$value} fail }
# user = exim
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe

It's called "mail_redirect", since it also redirects mail for users who
have their accounts on other machines / in other mail domains. I have a
separate router for Lachmann-Laser based system aliases, which works
more or less the same and comes after this one.

Above it I have this comment:

## This router handles ldap-based aliases
#
# Obviously ldap has to be configured and running before it will work.
# Make sure that it comes before any local routers, including
# Spamassassin,
# since subseqent to these it will use the standard /etc/ldap.conf
# filter
# and it expressly uses its own filter *before* the standard filter is
# called.

Success,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl