Re: [Exim] Problem sending mail to one host ..

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem sending mail to one host ..
Nico Erfurth wrote:

>> I have a problem sending mail to one host on the Internet from one of
>> my servers.
>>
>> I have done a test delivery, whose data can be found here:
>>
>> http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/Eximstats/test.txt
>>

>> Any clues as to why this is happening???? I'm concerned because it's not
>> happening from all the boxes I run Exim on.
>
> Mhhhhh
> Looks like this MTA does not accept a second EHLO after STARTTLS, this
> is (IMHO) a bug and breaks RFC, after STARTTLS the connection should be
> in a clear state again.

Not true. That host accepts EHLO just fine after STARTTLS. I can deliver
email to it just fine with both my exim and courier servers over TLS.
However, repeating the test with TLS turned off is a good idea, and it
may be that the SSL package on ns2.wananchi.com is not good, and may
need re-installing.

--
Anand Buddhdev
http://anand.org