[Exim] need help with smtp-auth and relaying

Author: v.augustin
To: exim-users
CC: volker
Subject: [Exim] need help with smtp-auth and relaying
hello,

im using exim 4.05 with the local_scan patch for spamassassin, courier
imap/pop , both with maildir, and postgresql querys.

what i want to do is:
-blocking everyone who did not authenticate through smtp-auth sending mails
through my host.
-but i want accept mails from localhost to everywhere (for webmail and
sysmail),
-accept mails from authenticated users to everywhere,
-and i want other mail-hosts allowed to send mails to my server
local_domains (which are local or virtual).

i got virtualdomains working fine, and using postgres.
i got authentication working fine. netscape and outlook can successfully
authenticate.

so if anybody could help me with this problem, i also put my config here:
http://www.multiartstudio.com/Files/exim/exim.conf.txt

i think i missunderstood something in my config, but i dont know what could
be wrong. now , when i got my final, good working config for exim 4.05 (as
i thought), i got listed at ordb.org because it seems that i have an open
relay, and what i see in my logfiles is that a spammer is still trying to
send spammails through my server, but there are blocked by spamassassin -
what costs a lot of log-traffic and serverperformance

my problem is:
if i put in my config:
hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1
or something like this: (popb4smtp testing):
hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1: /home/Exim/etc/pop_b4_smtp.ip.log

every mail from other hosts (like yahoo) is blocked! and cant send mails to
my virtual domains...

but with:
hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1:*
everything is fne, because most of my users have dialup accounts, i must
use a wide range of ips
and i go listed at ordb.org :((

im gettig crazy on this, i would love it if somebody could help me on this
stupid problem, because i studied all of the web... but got more and more
confused... and my english is everyting else than good.
(oh what a roman)

thanks in advance,
volker

This email was sent using Multi.Art.Studio WebMail Interface.

Hosting, Internet, Design and more:--> http://www.multiart.info/ <--