Re: [Exim] Re: WISH: exiscan multiple actions

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: WISH: exiscan multiple actions
Tom,

On a related issue, having started to use exiscan (yes, I no longer use
the system filter stuff now), I find that its configuration is very much
in the exim3 style. By this I mean there are a batch of reject this if
such and such a thing happens in the main section of the config.

It would seem more sensible now to consider going to a configuration
method that allows the exiscan items to be pushed into ACLs - although
they obviously have to be ACLs that are run at end-data time.

Done correctly this would have some advantages:-
        * looking more like the rest of exim4
        * allowing (for example) blocking different lists of file
          extensions for incoming/outgoing/specific recipients
        * allowing different spam score hits for different situations

However this is not to put down exiscan - its a nice package of content
handling for exim.

    Nigel.