[Exim] exim capable of sorting incoming mail?

Author: Robert Wilhelm Land
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim capable of sorting incoming mail?
The exim overview file that came with my debian
distribution contains the following paragraph:

"
There is support for multiple user mailboxes controlled by prefixes or
suffixes on the user name, either via the filter mechanism or through
multiple .forward files.
"
Does 'this' user name relate to the name I used when
logging in my debian system and does the pasted text
mean that exim has features simular to the ones of procmail
which the most people on the debian list recommended to
use?

Would be very grateful if someone would put the text above
into other words.

Robert