Re: [Exim] Timezone Problems

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Kamalan Govender
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Timezone Problems
søn, 2002-10-13 kl. 12:02 skrev Kamalan Govender:

> I am using Solaris 8 (02/02) and Exim 4.10
> Location South Africa
> Timezone = GMT+2

> I has read the documentation. I understand that I can set my timezone
> from two places:
> At build-time by adding TIMEZONE_DEFAULT in Local/Makefile
> and at run-time by adding timezone in the configure file.

Me: Exim 4.10-snapshot.

I never set timezone in anything to do with Exim. 'exim -bP | grep
timezone' gives: 'timezone ='.

But, 'telnet localhost 25' gives the same time as I get with 'date',
including the GMT Offset of 2 hours for Holland (actually Norway, since
my system thinks it's in Norway, the offset is the same anyway).

I run strace (truss for you): 'strace telnet localhost 25' and see that
exim runs the locale opens, plus gettimeofday. So that's how it gets its
date, time and GMT offset..

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl