Re: [EXIM] HOW TO "Redirect mail form domain1 to domain2"

Author: Hans Wilmer
To: Baechler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] HOW TO "Redirect mail form domain1 to domain2"
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:31:19AM +0200, Baechler wrote:

> I'm trying to redirect all the mail from a domain1 to the domain2. I
> have a linux server with bind9 installed and Exim r3. I have read
> the book but I'm not understanding exactly what I need to do....

You could set up appropriate MX records in your nameserver
configuration so that the MX record for domain1 points to domain2. You
need to configure the mailserver of domain2 to handle mail for
domain1. In case exim is used as the MTA of domain2, take a look at
the options that control relaying in the exim documentation.

What you've actually to set up depends on what you want to do with the
incoming mail of domain1 once it is accepted by the server of
domain2. For example, if mail incoming to domain1 should be delivered
locally at domain2, you could use the 'local_domains' option like:

local_domains=localhost:domain1:domain2

In case you want to realy the incoming mail of domain1, you could make
use of the 'host_accept_relay' option.

In case you cannot change the MX records, you could set up the MTA of
domain1 to use the MTA of domain2 as a smarthost like that:

smart_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* domain2 byname"

Of course, the MTA of domain2 must be configured to accept and handle
the mail it receives from domain1. As a hint:

local_domains = localhost:domain2
relay_domains = domain1

.. and check if you need to change the 'host_accept_relay' option.

GH
--
This mail is copyrighted material and must not be processed by
closed-source software.