Re: [Exim] Problem with userforward router

Author: Jochen Knuth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with userforward router
Hi,
> > I get the following error:
> >
> > unable to set gid=1002 or uid=1003 (euid=26): userforward router
> (recipient
> > is user@???)
> > internal problem in userforward router (recipient is user@???):
> > failure to transfer data from subprocess
>
> When do you get this error? I suspect you are getting it when an
> incoming address is being verified, not when a message is being
> delivered. You can check this with the -bh option.

i got it when i received a message via smtp.

> > If i test it with exim -d -bt user@??? i get this:
>
> (successful debugging output snipped)
>
> That supports my guess. Add no_verify to your userforward router.

as the in the previous mail included userforward router already had
no_verify, this wasn't the problem.

But: i didn't INSTALL exim4, only copied the exes to /usr/local/sbin.
Therefor the exim binary was only rwxr-xr-x and not rwsr-xr-x and couldn't change
uid/gid.

Sorry for asking silly questions before doing the normal install process.

Ciao,
Jochen

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++