Re: [Exim] Performance issues

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Nico Erfurth, John Day, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Performance issues
masta@??? (Nico Erfurth) writes:

> You should give some more informations about your config, we had good
> results with split_spool_directory and injecting the mails with
> exim -bS -odqs. Do queue-runs every ten minutes or so and raise the
> number of parallel queue-runners, to send out the mails. Further you
> should install some local dns-caching daemon
> (djbdns/nscd).

Oh, and maybe use VERP at the same time? If you are sending out all that
many mails, I'd strongly suggest VERP or other bounce processing mechanism
setup.

Unsubscribe bouncing and nonexistent addresses ASAP - that, by itself, will
speed up list delivery to a large extent.

Have a fast filesystem.

Google for posts by Theo Schlossnagle on exim-users.

    -srs