[Exim] RE: Testimonials of Exim Use wanted

Author: Adam Garside
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] RE: Testimonials of Exim Use wanted
I'm the email and general Unix admin for Central Piedmont Community
College in Charlotte, N.C., USA. We have 70,000+ students per year over
our central and satellite campuses.

We use Exim as our gateway MTA providing both routing to internal
Groupwise systems and an Exim/Cyrus webmail box that handles student
email. The gateway machine (p3 1.1Ghz / 256M ram -- Debian Woody) not
only routes all incoming and outgoing mail, but also checks for infected
attachments (via command AV launched by Mailscanner) and spam (via Spamassassin
also handled by Mailscanner).

Furthermore, we use LDAP to potentially map all incoming addresses to
internal student addresses.

With this system in mind, we currently average 30,000 to 50,000 pieces
of mail per day (inbound and outbound) with volume of between 500 megs
and 1.5 gigs.

While a long power failure killed the uptime last week, before then, it
had been running admirably for 237 days.

Yours,

Adam Garside <adam.garside@???>