Re: [Exim] malformed debug_selector setting: + or - expected…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Erik Enge
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] malformed debug_selector setting: + or - expected but found "11"
On 11 Oct 2002, Erik Enge wrote:

> [root@atlanta root]# exim -bd -q1h -d11
> exim: malformed debug_selector setting: + or - expected but found "11"

You have called Exim 4 with an Exim 3 debug setting.

> Exim version 4.04 #5 built 10-May-2002 17:12:50

Yup, that's Exim 4.

> According to exim(8), it should work:
>
>     -d<number>
>            Sets a debug level, causing debugging information to be
>            written to the standard error file.  [snip]

That's Exim 3 documentation. Just try "-d" without a number.

> acl_check_rcpt:

<snip>

> [root@atlanta root]# exim -bh 192.203.178.39

<snip>

> 220 atlanta.office.pri ESMTP Exim 4.04 Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:14:12 -0400
>
> But it looks like it is ok; or am I missing something?

You haven't gone far enough! The ACL won't be run till it gets to a RCPT
statement, which you have to provide (after a MAIL command).

Or use the exim_checkaccess utility, which packages this for you.