Re[2]: [Exim] Testimonials of Exim Use wanted

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] Testimonials of Exim Use wanted
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:31:20 +0200 (CEST) Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Nils Jeppe wrote:
>
> > I plan to install the new mail gateways at a large organization using
> > Exim. However, I could use some testimonials of other happy Exim users
> > to "sell" my plan to my superiours. The bigger your installation, the
> > better. Commercial use is a bonus, but anything big would do the
> trick.

> frankly, without any specific interest or issues you're likely to
> face, i don't think these kinds of questions make too much sense.

i agree. however, since we're giving examples (none of these are really
big, my colo server being the biggest, but it may help):

my colocated server runs exim. it handles a number of mailing lists (mostly
automotive and motor sports related). small user base on the server proper,
but several thousands of members of the lists, several tens of thousands of
thousands of outbound messages per day. 233 megahertz Pentium MMX, 128M of
ram, vastly overprovisioned (it loafs along using no swap space, and with
98% of its time devoted to setiathome processing -- no idle loop here.)

correctly setup, exim easily handles the load.

i have installed exim at several sites for clients of my consulting
business, often on similarly sized systems. it works well, and the configs
are the easiest to understand of the major un*x email systems.

i've installed and operated exim on a variety of un*x and un*x like systems
over the years: SunOS 4.1.3, Solaris, Slackware and Redhat Linux, and
OpenBSD. it has been an easy install on all of them (other than the
occasionally morphing Linux distributions moving things about
unnecessarily.)

richard
--
Richard Welty