Re: [Exim] Testimonials of Exim Use wanted

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Testimonials of Exim Use wanted
On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 08:56, Nils Jeppe wrote:
> I plan to install the new mail gateways at a large organization using
> Exim. However, I could use some testimonials of other happy Exim users
> to "sell" my plan to my superiours. The bigger your installation, the
> better. Commercial use is a bonus, but anything big would do the trick.

None of these are *my* installations - at least not any more....

In the UK the majority of ISP mail systems are exim - specifically
Energis (Freeserve and their other brand ISPs - which presumably comes
to a total of 3 to 5 million end users, maybe more) , Demon/Thus (partly
- one half of their systems are an MMDF variant I believe - probably
still there because its so tangled in to other parts of the config, the
rest is exim), BT (although an ISP running exim 2.x either doesn't
count, or is a testament to the stability of a working system, or shows
that everyone that could actually build a mail system left there years
ago), and several other ISPs of various sizes. The major non-exim sites
I know of are Pipex (qmail - although not checked for ages), and NTL
(some commercial and buggy system).

UK Universities were all going to exim over the last few years. Not
quite sure of the current situation as I think a lot of them have had to
do some exchange although they don't appear to enjoy that....

    Nigel.