Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases

Author: Yann Golanski
To: exim-users
CC: Jeffrey C. Ollie
Subject: Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases
Quoth Philip Hazel on Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:25:42 +0100
> I'm confused. What is the difference between PGP and GPG? This thread is
> using both of them...

"GnuPG is a complete and free replacement for PGP. Because it does not
use the patented IDEA algorithm, it can be used without any
restrictions. GnuPG is a RFC2440 (OpenPGP) compliant application."

That's about the main difference between the two... that and all the
options on the command line. Personally, I think that GPG has a cleaner
implementation than PGP, but that could be a trick of my twisted and
jaded mind.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun