Re: [Exim] retry timeout exceeded

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Walter H. van Holst
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] retry timeout exceeded
Please reply to the list, not personally to me.
On 6 Oct 2002, Walter H. van Holst wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 14:16, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
> > Exim version?
>
> Ouch, I should have mentioned that of course: 3.35-1
>
> > One of your domains is not in the local_domains list, so the mail is tried
> > to be send via SMTP, but exim recognizes that the host is the same as
> > itself, so the delivery is useless (would create a "endless" mailloop).
>
> Ok, thanks, I'll fix that one. Funny though that it doesn't happen more
> often then.

or you have some strange dns-config that catches your whole domain and
delivers the message for unknown domains to you.

something like

* IN MX 10 your.mail.server

> > > forced defer: All deliveries are deferred
> >
> > You should check your setup, if a deliveries defer you have a big problem
> > ;)
>
> Well, then I have big problems on a daily basis.
> >
> > Without your eximversion, your config, some useable logentries or a
> > debugrun we just can guess, please provide more informations.
>
> Is a debugrun on an empty queue sufficient?

Send your config and a relevant debug-run either from a queued message, or
a new message, like you want ;)

ciao