Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases

Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases
* Nico Erfurth <masta@???> [20021005 12:51]: wrote:

Hello Nico,

> > "domains mismatch"....
> "domains mismatch" is just the check for the domains option in the
> routers, it means "Ok, the domain of the address is not in my domains=
> domainlist, let's skip this router".

Thank you. That allays my fears.

> > rda_interpret (string): ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}cdb{/etc/mail/aliases.cdb}}}
>
> This looks a little bit strange to me. Why do u use an ${expand:} here?

Because I have something like:

vdomain: :fail: Sorry, the recipient "$original_local_part" doesn't exist at the domain \
"$original_domain". Pleas contact <admin@???> for clarification.

..and I need those values expanded.

> Are you sure that mailer-daemon is in the aliases.cdb?
> Be careful, cdb is case sensitive, so if you have Mailer-Daemon in it the
> lookup will fail!

Aah, that is the reason!! I have MAILER-DAEMON in the aliases file, but not
mailer-daemon.
My debug was using mailer-daemon! This is a very stupid mistake on my part that
is caused by less reading. I did not know about the case-sensitivity.

Actually before you wrote to me, I had tested rebuilding the cdb and it still did
not work, while an lsearch on a flat file worked. Now you have enlightened me.
I just need to read more about CDB.

> If you use a * in your aliases.cdb to catch everything you need to use
> cdb* as lookup type instead of cdb.

This would need a catch-all router, correct? I haven't used the * in the /etc/aliases
but I use it for virtual domains.

> If this hint's doesn't solve your problem, please show the system_alias
> router configuration, and the aliases file.

No need. You have actually solved my problem. I don't need a catch-all alias.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and have a good weekend.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Quick, sing me the BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!