Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases
On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> ..and I need those values expanded.

Ahhh, ok one more story for "Exploit exims features" ;)

> > Are you sure that mailer-daemon is in the aliases.cdb?
> > Be careful, cdb is case sensitive, so if you have Mailer-Daemon in it the
> > lookup will fail!
>
> Aah, that is the reason!! I have MAILER-DAEMON in the aliases file, but
> not mailer-daemon. My debug was using mailer-daemon! This is a very
> stupid mistake on my part that is caused by less reading. I did not know
> about the case-sensitivity.

Most db-formats are case sensitive, your build-programm should lowercase
anything before it writes the files (i use a little perl-script with
CDB_File to create my .cdb files).

> > If you use a * in your aliases.cdb to catch everything you need to use
> > cdb* as lookup type instead of cdb.
>
> This would need a catch-all router, correct? I haven't used the * in the
> /etc/aliases but I use it for virtual domains.

Correct.

> THANK YOU VERY MUCH and have a good weekend.

No Problem ;)

ciao