Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Interesting problem with system aliases

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> Hello Users,
>
> I seem to have hit some interesting problem with the system aliases.
> Maybe I have an error in the configure file. Exim-4.1 (hmm, a bit complex ;-))
>
> The problem is that exim -bt mailer-daemon just fails. Very simple, isn't it?
>
> Well, here is the debug - I am a bit lost, especially with some text that says
> "domains mismatch"....

"domains mismatch" is just the check for the domains option in the
routers, it means "Ok, the domain of the address is not in my domains=
domainlist, let's skip this router".

> --------> system_aliases router <--------
> local_part=mailer-daemon domain=wananchi.com
> calling system_aliases router
> rda_interpret (string): ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}cdb{/etc/mail/aliases.cdb}}}

This looks a little bit strange to me. Why do u use an ${expand:} here?
Are you sure that mailer-daemon is in the aliases.cdb?
Be careful, cdb is case sensitive, so if you have Mailer-Daemon in it the
lookup will fail!

If you use a * in your aliases.cdb to catch everything you need to use
cdb* as lookup type instead of cdb.

If this hint's doesn't solve your problem, please show the system_alias
router configuration, and the aliases file.

ciao