Re: [Exim] rpm packages

Author: Torsten Luettgert
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rpm packages
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 10:46, Easthope, Robert via COM.BOX TEMA wrote:
> ... I assume there are RPM packages of the EXIM server
> available, but I haven't found any versions on Redhat.com or the main exim
> site.

I don't know of any ready-made RPMs for exim. There are some
possibilities to do it, though:

1. use checkinstall (http://checkinstall.izto.org/). This tool monitors
an installation process and creates an rpm from the installed files.

2. I made some rpms for exim 3.36 and 4.10. They differ from the default
settings in a few ways (perl and cdb support embedded, some pathes
modified) and contain no eximon. I made those with checkinstall and
you can have them if you want.

3. ask google :-) someone must have done it, too.

- Torsten