Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages because of mailformed Mailer-Daem…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Kianusch Sayah Karadji
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages because of mailformed Mailer-Daemon-sender
On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Kianusch Sayah Karadji wrote:

> > You shouldn't do this, because (IIRC) bounces should be send with an empty
> > envelope. You should watch your logfiles and try to run exim -d to find
> > out WHY the message gets frozen, editing the spoolfiles directly is not a
> > good idea ;)
>
> Well ... they bounce because the receipient-domain (from the original
> message) does not exist.
> But the bounce message never gets back to the original sender!
>
> > Most probably you don't do sender/receiver verification in your ACLs, so a
> > non deliverable bounce-message could be created.
>
> Well I'm switched from sendmail to exim a few days ago on a "large"
> mail-gateway and I'm still waiting for my EXIM-Book I've ordered :-)
>
> So what what is a "sender/receiver verification" in my "ACLs"?

Do you use exim3 or exim4?

in exim4 you have ACLs (Access Control Lists) to specify what you want to
be checked while receiving the mail, in exim3 you have many global options
to enable these checks, please read spec.txt of your source distribution,
or the manual at www.exim.org, Be sure to read the manual for YOUR
version.

with sender and receiver verification you can ensure that you can route
the message, after it is accepted, BEFORE you accept it, this prevents
many bounces and ensures (mostly) that you can send a bounce back if
something else fails.

ciao