[Exim] Treating autoforwarded mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kristof Pelckmans
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Treating autoforwarded mail
Hello,

Several weeks ago, I set up a combination of fetchmail and exim. The exim mail
filtering features with .forward files led me quickly to a satisfactory
solution. However, I have still one issue that I cannot resolve. The situation
is as follows :

account A --(auto forward rule)--> account B --(fetchmail - delivery with exim -
filtering through .forward)--> local account C

So all mail that arrives in account A will be automatically forwarded to B,
where fetchmail grabs it and exim delivers it to C.

This works perfectly for all 'normal' mail that arrives at B : I can see the
original sender of the mail etc. However, when the mail was forwarded from A, I
see that the original sender of the mail is A, which _is_ correct, but not the
behavior I want to achieve. I wish to make it look as one would see the mail in
mailbox A : with the original sender.

This involves rewriting the headers you are getting, but it seems to be a
fairly complex matter. Therefore I wondered if anyone already solved this
problem, or could put me on the right track. How would you (delete?) part of
your headers ?

Kind regards,

Kristof Pelckmans

PS The headers I am getting are :