Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages because of mailformed Mailer-Daem…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kianusch Sayah Karadji
A: Nico Erfurth
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages because of mailformed Mailer-Daemon-sender
> > <>
> empty addresses indicate bounces

Yep ... those are bounced messages.

> You shouldn't do this, because (IIRC) bounces should be send with an empty
> envelope. You should watch your logfiles and try to run exim -d to find
> out WHY the message gets frozen, editing the spoolfiles directly is not a
> good idea ;)

Well ... they bounce because the receipient-domain (from the original
message) does not exist.

But the bounce message never gets back to the original sender!

> Most probably you don't do sender/receiver verification in your ACLs, so a
> non deliverable bounce-message could be created.

Well I'm switched from sendmail to exim a few days ago on a "large"
mail-gateway and I'm still waiting for my EXIM-Book I've ordered :-)

So what what is a "sender/receiver verification" in my "ACLs"?

Thanx for your help

Kianusch